Because of our unique location in the middle of World Heritage listed rainforest and the reef, Wujal Wujal faces special challenges in our waste management policies. As a remote town in Far North Queensland, we also face issues with efficient transport services connected to waste collection and disposal.
To serve the community and help protect our environment, your Council administers:
- waste collection services
- law on illegal dumping
- services for recycling and minimising waste.
The Council Works Department works with the Regional Waste Management Group to meet the aims of the Far North Queensland Regional Plan 2009–2031 for waste management.
You can contact the Council to:
- find out waste and recycling bin collection times
- order a new domestic or industrial waste bin
- report illegal dumping or dangerous waste
- find out how where to recycle domestic appliances, vehicles or larger items.