Jalbu Jalbumu Women’s Group
The group consists of mainly 9 women including traditional owners and elders and is a mix of ages.
The women’s group runs a weekly 3 day activity program open to all Wujal Wujal women including:-
· Cultural Days out on country
· Collecting local bush tucker from around the Wujal Wujal area
· Teaching people about the local bush tucker and how to use it in cooking
· Developing skills of younger adults to prepare and cook healthy foods
· Art and craft activities
· Sharing and speaking the local languages Kuku Yalangi and Kuku Nyungkal.