Jalbu Jalbumu Women’s Group
The group consists of mainly 9 women including traditional owners and elders and is a mix of ages.
The women’s group runs a weekly 3 day activity program open to all Wujal Wujal women including:
Cultural Days out on country,
- Collecting local bush tucker from around the Wujal Wujal area,
- Teaching people about the local bush tucker and how to use it in cooking,
- Developing skills of younger adults to prepare and cook healthy foods,
- Art and craft activities,
- Sharing and speaking the local languages Kuku Yalangi and Kuku Nyungkal.
Jalbu Jalbumu Mens Group
The Men's Shed is a place where men can get together, join in activities and talk about what's on their mind. It is a fully equipped workshop where skilled and unskilled men can share time with each other, swap yarns and work together on community projects. Men's Sheds is a charitable not-for-profit association.